Trusted Wrongful Death Law Firm in Rolla Provides Legal Support When You Lose a Loved One
Missouri attorneys who help you pursue rightful compensation after you suffer devastating loss
Sudden or unexpected death caused by the negligence or carelessness of others is a tragic event that leaves loved ones traumatized. While money cannot compensate your family for the loss of a loved one, it can help maintain your quality of life, make up for lost future income, and provide comfort that those responsible are being held accountable. If your loved one’s death resulted from the negligence or carelessness of a person or entity, you may be entitled to compensation in a wrongful death claim. At Williams, Robinson, Rigler & Buschjost, P.C., our attorneys have served clients In Phelps and surrounding counties for decades, providing committed legal representation and care when families are suffering and vulnerable.
Skilled attorneys who hold negligent parties accountable
A wrongful death suit is a civil action brought by survivors of the deceased to obtain damages from the person or entity found responsible. In Missouri, a bereaved family can file a claim against a party whose act, conduct, or circumstance caused the death of that family’s loved one.
Any form of personal injury resulting from intent or negligence can lead to a wrongful death claim. Typical circumstances that may result in a wrongful death case include car crashes, poor medical care, and dangerously defective consumer products. Individuals, institutions, and companies can be sued for wrongful death if they are responsible for the injuries that caused the death of your loved one.
Wrongful death compensation can help protect your future
Losing a family member may leave you without the income and other support you need. Our experienced personal injury team offers skilled guidance and trusted legal support as we pursue damages on your behalf. It is important that you and your family understand the road ahead. The steps you can expect when you pursue a wrongful death claim in Missouri include the following:
- After you retain our law firm, your attorney will conduct a thorough investigation of the circumstances leading to the death of your loved one and file a complaint for wrongful death. If negligence by more than one party contributed to the death, all entities believed negligent will be named and served with the complaint.
- Concurrently, your attorney may enter into settlement talks with these parties. If an acceptable settlement agreement can be reached, litigation of the matter ceases and the case concludes with a signed agreement to pay compensation or take other action. Our attorneys are skilled at the negotiating table, but will not hesitate to litigate a wrongful death claim if needed.
- If settlement cannot be reached, the case proceeds through the steps of a civil case, including the discovery phase to take the testimony of witnesses and collect evidence, and then through jury selection and trial.
- Our attorneys are seasoned litigators known for meticulous trial preparation and presentation of personal injury and wrongful death matters. Throughout the trial, we keep you informed and are always available to answer your questions.
- At any time during the course of your case, one or more of the parties involved may approach you to discuss a settlement. It is important that you do not sign any settlement document before we help you review it. While you may think an offer sounds good, you could unwittingly terminate your claim for inadequate compensation.
In Missouri, compensation is based on the damages suffered. You have the right to collect pecuniary damages, or money damages that can be quantified, such as funeral expenses, medical care, and lost income. You can also claim nonpecuniary damages, which cannot be easily estimated, including loss of companionship, the value of service to a family, and the loss of guidance if the deceased had children.
Compensation figures are calculated based on the unique facts of each case. Our attorneys are committed to pursuing the maximum compensation to which you are entitled.
Contact an experienced personal injury law firm in Rolla
Serving clients throughout Maries, Phelps, Crawford, Pulaski, Texas, and Dent counties, the law firm of Williams, Robinson, Rigler & Buschjost, P.C. has the knowledge and experience to help you seek fair and just compensation for the loss of a loved one. Contact us online or call 573-458-5200 to schedule a free consultation at our Rolla office.