Experienced Rolla Law Firm Advocates for Car Crash Victims
Missouri personal injury attorneys who fight for maximum compensation on your behalf
Involvement in a car crash can mean a serious injury or worse. Williams, Robinson, Rigler & Buschjost, P.C. has been protecting the rights of clients hurt in vehicle accidents caused by the recklessness or carelessness of other drivers for decades. When you need trusted legal service and knowledgeable advice to obtain compensation for your injury, our personal injury lawyers can help.
A vehicle accident of any kind can instantly change your life and your future. As you heal and make sense of your injury, our law firm takes immediate action to protect evidence and your right to compensation against individuals, insurance companies, and others.
Skilled representation when you are injured in a vehicle accident
Most automobile crashes are not simple accidents. They result from negligence or mistakes by one or more drivers or other parties. Unfortunately, these mistakes can lead to serious injuries or worse. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), there were 945 traffic fatalities in Missouri in 2016 — a steep increase from 2015, when 870 people were killed.
Accidents involving transportation occur in a number of ways that include:
- Car crashes are often due to actions by negligent, distracted or impaired drivers, vehicle or road defects, weather, improperly constructed or maintained roadways, and road debris.
- Motorcycle accidents often result from lack of visibility — motorbikes may be overlooked in traffic, and, too often, drivers of other vehicles pull in front of them, believing they can stop quickly. According to the NHTSA, 127 motorcyclists were killed in Missouri in 2016.
- Pedestrian involvement in accidents typically happens in crosswalks, behind cars that back up, or in parking lots. Pedestrians run real risks when they walk around drivers who may not see them or who fail to stop for them, and they often suffer serious or fatal injuries when they are struck. More than 90 pedestrians were killed in 2016 in Missouri auto accidents.
- Like pedestrians and motorcyclists, bicyclists are often hurt in accidents because they are not noticed. Bikers can be killed or seriously injured if they collide with a motor vehicle; in 2016 eight bicyclists suffered car crash fatalities in Missouri.
- Truck accidents, especially crashes with large semis and 18-wheelers, can occur due to driver or trucking company negligence, vehicle malfunction/poor maintenance, or any number of other factors, and they often have devastating consequences. In 2016 alone, more than 700 truck occupants were killed in truck accidents in Missouri.
If you suffer personal injury in a car, truck, or motorcycle crash or as a bicyclist or pedestrian, you may be entitled to compensation from those responsible. When you see a healthcare provider, be sure to follow instructions, keep follow-up appointments, and collect all receipts and reports on your condition. Consult an attorney as soon as possible to preserve valuable evidence and witness testimony to support your case.
Serious personal injuries that are common in car accidents
A collision occurs quickly, but by the time it’s over, you may have suffered extensive damage. Because of the forces and materials involved, blunt force injuries are common in car or other types of crashes. Just some of the injuries we see as personal injury attorneys include the following:
- Traumatic brain injury — External trauma or internal force can quickly cause a traumatic brain injury (TBI). Concussion is a form of TBI that occurs when the head strikes an external object, or when the brain is subjected to significant force, such as when your car is struck or stopped forcefully, shearing brain tissue as the brain moves in the skull.
- Neck and spine injuries — The seesawing action of the head above the spine during an accident can cause serious injury to both the neck and spine. The force of the crash itself can damage the neck and break parts of the spine, sending jagged edges into the spinal cord and causing spinal damage. Trauma to the neck or spine could have a wide range of effects, from minor, temporary soft tissue injuries of the neck such as whiplash to severe and irreparable injury such as lifelong paralysis from spinal cord injury (SCI).
- Broken bones — Given the force involved, broken bones are a common injury suffered during a vehicle accident.
A vehicle accident of any kind can cause serious personal injury or death. If you are injured, take care of your health first, and then speak with a qualified attorney about steps to preserve your claim for compensation.
Seek legal guidance from a knowledgeable car crash attorney in South Missouri
With a history that reaches back to the 1930s, Williams, Robinson, Rigler & Buschjost, P.C. serves clients throughout the region, including in Mason, Phelps, Crawford, Pulaski, Texas, and Dent counties. If you are injured in a truck, car, or other type of automobile crash, our law firm provides exceptional legal support. Call 573-458-5200 or contact us online to schedule an appointment at our Rolla office.