Established Rolla, MO Law Firm Practices Business Litigation
Professional management of all corporate, business and commercial disputes
Broadly speaking, business litigation is the process of resolving disputes that arise internally or between the company and outside individuals or entities. The disputes can be categorized as corporate, such as a controversy involving governance; business, such as a conflict over an employee’s rights; or commercial, such as a breach of a contract with a material supplier. Parties can seek resolutions through traditional negotiations, arbitration, mediation or a trial in the civil court system. At Williams, Robinson, Rigler & Buschjost, P.C. in Rolla, our business lawyers manage even the most complex litigation capably and cost-effectively throughout South-Central Missouri. We seek appropriate remedies in a timely manner. We are also conscious of our duty to represent our clients’ interests in a positive manner to preserve beneficial relationships whenever possible, so we conduct litigation with the utmost professionalism.
Early intervention saves time and expense
What may seem at the outset to be a minor issue can easily become a major headache, stealing focus from your company’s mission and draining resources that could be better used for business development. Therefore, it is vital to have experienced legal representation at the outset of any type of business controversy.
Our attorneys take a proactive approach, seeking resolutions at the earliest stages of a conflict to limit the fallout. Full-blown litigation in state or federal court is time-consuming and expensive. We thoroughly investigate the facts of the controversy and seek remedies that uphold your rights but settle the issue in a timely, cost-effective manner. We are adept at negotiating solutions and obtaining favorable results through mediation or arbitration. However, if the only way to achieve a just end to the conflict is to go to trial, we have the skill and determination to fight in court to win.
Common types of corporate, business and commercial disputes
Our firm handles a wide range of business disputes for companies large and small throughout South-Central Missouri. Issues that we often see include:
- Breach of contract — The most common business dispute occurs when one party fails to perform under the terms of a contract. Depending on the facts of the breach, there may be opportunities to salvage the deal through a reformation of the contract. At other times, the breaching party may owe damages to the other party. We represent clients on either side of such disputes and aggressively seek resolutions that protect their rights and interests.
- Employment law — Employees enjoy many rights under state and federal law, such as equal pay, protection from unlawful discrimination and harassment, overtime rights, family leave, and reasonable accommodations for a disability. We help companies put protocols in place and manage disputes whenever they arise.
- Fraud or misrepresentation — If one party makes false promises to prompt another party to perform, a case of fraud may exist, and any contract would be void. We protect our clients from allegations of fraud in business dealings and represent defrauded parties seeking appropriate remedies.
- Tortious interference with contract — When a contract exists between two parties and a third party deliberately takes actions to force a breach, a party to the contract can sue the third party for damages.
- Breach of fiduciary duty — Corporate officers have a duty to the company and its shareholders to act in the best interest of the company. When an officer intentionally violates their duty or deliberately misuses company assets for personal gain, the officer might be personally liable for losses to the company and its shareholders.
Our business law attorneys realize how important it is to protect your rights in any conflict while upholding your reputation and preserving to the extent possible those business relationships that might be beneficial in the future. You can rely on us to manage your business litigation with the highest standards of legal ethics and professionalism.
Contact our Rolla, Missouri law firm for effective business litigation services
Williams, Robinson, Rigler & Buschjost, P.C. in Rolla provides determined representation for a wide variety of business, corporate and commercial disputes throughout South-Central Missouri. To schedule an appointment, call 573-458-5200 or contact us online.